Saturday, November 27, 2010

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef has some interesting opinions

First, I would like to say that I am not Jewish. I feel I do not discriminate against religion at all, as I believe it is every person's right to practice any religion they wish that does not interfere with the general welfare and health of a population.

Now on to this article. More or less, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef said non-Jews sole purpose in life is to serve Jews. He also related them to donkeys.

"With gentiles, it will be like any person – they need to die, but [God] will give them longevity," Yosef said. "Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money."

"This is his servant... That’s why he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew,” Yosef said.


Gentiles is a synonym for a non-Jewish person.

As a non-Jewish person, I was offended by this. My sole purpose in life is serve Jewish people? I am like a donkey? I think not. While Mr. Yosef probably doesn't care what I think, he needs to realize that public relations still matters in religion. Speaking publicly, he needs to realize the majority of the world is NOT Jewish, and that many will share my opinion.

Let me be frank --- freedom of speech is important and I fully support his ability to say these things.

But when there's so much fighting and unrest over this "holy land", maybe saying these things only adds fuel to the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment