Friday, November 12, 2010

NY Times: Assertive Chinese Held in Mental Wards

This atrocity relates with my last post. In that one, the Chinese government prevented practicing Christians from traveling to a conference in South Africa.

Because they were outspoken, I can't help but think they may become victims of what was reported to have happened in this New York Times article.

More or less, because the Chinese people disagreed with the government, they were thrown in psych wards. The man featured endured 54 electric shock treatments to go along with injections of drugs that made him swoon.

What is wrong with the Chinese government? I'm glad I live in the U S of A to say the least.

Moving forward, I found some posts relating to what Chinese dissidents and what they're doing to combat the suppressive government.


No comments:

Post a Comment