Friday, October 29, 2010

Hidden

After Amy's video post about the Chinese Christian church being demolished, I searched for it online. I wanted to see if because the video said that reporters were being punished for covering the demolition. Would there be any other footage or coverage that I could find?

I Google-searched "chinese christian church demolished" multiple ways. Every result gave a religious-watch website, usually Christian, that was reporting about the persecution, but zero news media articles or responses. I even searched Sky News, the outlet that somehow obtained the cell-phone video of the demolition, and I could not find an article or even the video clip. No news outlet had any results.

The commentator on the video was right. These happenings across China are not being reported or made available for the public's knowledge. It is up to people in the religious affiliations to let their congregations know, and maybe even to alert the general public.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, Tori! I'm surprised the one video even leaked out. Does that say something about China's censorship of religious media?

    Check out my post titled "Chinese Perspective." Apparently two Christian churches are "allowed," in China, but they are still under government control.

    ReplyDelete